Yocto 1.5.1 Dora
- Toolchain: based on gcc 4.8.1, binutils 2.23, name of the chain for cross-compiling: arm-poky-linux-gnueabi (hardfloat)
- Bootloader: U-Boot 2013.04 mainline
- Kernel: 3.0.35, Freescale revision 4.1.0+
- Qt: 4.8.5 with QWS (if you are interested in Qt5, please use Debian or build it yourself using our Yocto layer)
The root file system in our emBSP is build using Yocto/OpenEmbedded (Yocto version 1.5.1). The layers for Yocto/OpenEmbedded are available on request, but please understand that we can not support you for free if you have problems with this powerful but complicated build system. If you are new to linux the first steps will be much easier with emLinux.
Click on a module name to show or hide specific data!
If you require any other feature, please contact emtrion!
|I2C under Linux|
|CAN on DIMM-MX6 / emCON-MX6 under Linux|
|SPI under Linux|
|Using GStreamer on DIMM-MX6 / emCON-MX6 under Linux|
|Display Configuration on DIMM-MX6 / emCON-MX6 under Linux|
|GPIOs on DIMM-MX6 under Linux|
|Using Lothron with DIMM-MX6|
|How to handle CPU core frequency from user space|
- built with Yocto version 1.5.1 (Dora)
- this leads to many SW updates as seen above amongst others. Also the Heartbleed bug in OpenSSL is fixed.
- hardfloat ABI is now used, this is incompatible with previous softfloat code
- support for DIMM-MX6 rev4 and rev5 boards
introduce support for DIMM-MX6-Solo and DIMM-MX6-DualLite
the same BSP including the kernel supports all variants of DIMM-MX6 (Solo, DualLite, Dual and Quad)
Updated kernel and root file system to Freescale BSP release 4.0.0
DVI output available on Lothron baseboard
GPU clock frequency limit removed. Use Cadun base board with this release, if you encounter power supply issues.
Fixed problem with toolchain in emBSP
Camera: VM009 camera module (mt9m131 sensor) now supported. Also USB cameras are supported.
UARTs: all five UARTs are now available
RootFS: SW update of many components of the RootFS (based on Yocto version 1.3 (danny) and Freescale BSP version 1.1.1)
RootFS: fixed problem with umountfs script
Added support for following peripherals: USB Device, HDMI (video only), CAN, Watchdog, Audio, SPI, SATA. For further information and hints about using the peripherals please have a look at the list above
support of DIMM-MX6 hardware revision 2. Please note that hardware revision 1 is no longer supported. If you have a revision 1 board, we will exchange it for you.
bug fixes and improvements
you must connect the USB device port to a USB Host port (e.g. of your Host PC) to be able to use the USB Host port(s) of the developer kit